Cobalt Connects believes that public art plays an important role in creating community and transforming neighbourhoods. That’s why we are launching the Cobalt Mural Initiative. This exciting new project will help to bring art to neighbourhoods throughout Hamilton. Building owners, businesses or community groups can apply for matching funds of up to $5000 to get an artist-designed mural in their neighbourhood.
In addition to providing matching cash funds, Cobalt will work with you to select the right artist for the commission and will manage the project from conception to completion. The murals will be installed in the Spring / Summer of 2017 and we will celebrate the unveiling with a community party!
What Cobalt Connects is offering:
- Up to $5000 in matching cash funds
- Public art management expertise (call for artists, jurying the options, working with the artist to ensure a great end product)
- A strong social media following and great media relationships
- Event coordination for a launch event where we’ll invite the community and media to celebrate the unveiling of the mural
- Recognition of building owner, business or community group on signage, social media and website
What do collaborators have to offer?
- Matching funds of up to $5000
- Willingness to apply to the City of Hamilton Façade Improvement program for additional matching funds from the City (giving the project a maximum budget of $20,000)
- Access to a building that has a great exterior wall for a mural
- A sense of excitement and willingness to work with Cobalt and the selected artist(s)
- A minimum 5 year commitment to maintaining the mural (with our assistance)
All submission must be made via email to: email@example.com
Due: October 31, 2016, 5pm
For more information & to download the application form, click HERE